5. The Original Clearly Canadian...This $#!% was like crack...I remember when my sister use to work at Mega Market (if you are a 80s baby that lived in the Mid-South-you already know)...She use to bring home cases. I used these to "wing" me off of Coco Cola Products...They weren't as filled with sugar, but they had a punch like an old school Faygo (the one in the glass bottle). And then "the man" got a hold of what was a humble mom and pop...Messed up the product. First hip-hop...Now this. And they haven't been right since...The only good thing that came out of it, is that I was forced to find a replacement carbonated beverage (Jones Soda-Berry Lemonade ). But I would still take an OG Clearly any day of the week.
4. Old School Barbers/Barbershops...I'm going to be honest...I haven't had a good haircut since I've moved from Memphis...I haven't had a good shave since I moved from Memphis...All the places I find myself going since I moved to Milwaukee are these "mega shops"...40 chairs...And not a soul in there can cut worth a lick. But they have flat screens at every station...But nobody in there knows how to take care of their customer. They are more about getting you in...Butchering you up...Getting you more...In less than 15 minutes. Its bad when I feel like I've been getting robbed of an experience for going on 3 years...I miss that in my life. My next move, I will be finding another K-9...Another Head Nappers...
3. Consistency out of I-O-Life...One of my favorite (if not favorite) reads of all time is this blog...But the keeper seems to take more breaks, than I do...lol She is hands down the most talented individual I know...I would love to see her write/blog more in 2010. I'm not going to stand by and let her sit on her talent this year...I need more than 2 post a month...And that's that. (arms folded) Now do something about it! ;)
2. Big Shots...I miss Brody, Karl, Duncan, and James (who reminds me so much of me)...I mean...What not to like about a "story of four friends at the top of their game... until the women in their lives enter the room. Lines between boardroom and bedroom blur when these competitive but dysfunctional CEOs take refuge in their friendship, discussing business, confiding secrets, seeking advice and supporting each other through life's surprising twists and turns." It was the male version of Sex and The City...And ABC dropped the damn ball. Didn't give it enough time to at least get them dvd-able (yes, I know I just made up a word)...If anybody wants to take make G. Cornelius a happy man, they will over-take ABC and grab the master-copies of that show and all out-takes...Birthday is August...You have enough time to make a big splash. Thanks in advance.
1. Glenn Lewis...Anybody that knows me, knows 2 things...I listen to World Outside My Window once a week...And I have a "wtf happened to GL" moment every other month. I feel like the industry has robbed the people of so much talent over the years...Especially the T-Dot...Glenn Lewis, Tamia, Deborah Cox, Fefe Dobson...Now back to Mr. Lewis. This guy has the voice and sound is a fine mixture between Stevie, Donny, and Uncle Charlie...He has a deep pedigree. His father was the leader singer for Crack of Dawn, the first black band from Canada to sign to a major...His mother also wrote and sang. And that classic late 60s/70s sound...You can hear it in every track. One of the most deserving artist out there...Or maybe its something I see and nobody else does? That this guy has an extraordinary sound...But sound doesn't sale. Image does...Which is sad. But this is my open letter to GL. Your album came at major moment of growth for me. 02/03...Your album was my soundtrack. I still have my original copy in mint condition. To me, it was a classic piece of work. Please can you hit us up with some new material...Its that easy these days. The World Wide Web is a totally different monster, than what is was 8 years ago when your music found me. In somebody's basement studio, some little rag-tag Jeremiah-Lite (a damn shame) is uploading his wack mp3s and sharing them with EVERY major urban music website out there. And instead of flooding the net with this foolishness, could you take the time to bless us with some real music. I know I would appreciate it...And I'm sure there are a lot more out there...Just like me...Missing you and what you brought to our worlds'. We all know that the industry played you...But this isn't about the industry...This is about the fans. Good music.
Well...That is all...
...I'll keep you posted