Friday, June 04, 2004

PAY DAY or pay day

Friday, Friday, Friday....Just can't wait. For what! Another pay period that Mr. Bill Collector and Uncle Sam has my check in the "camel clutch" (that's for all u old head wrestling fans...Iron Sheik). The objective of pay day is to put money in your pocket. Why doesn't that happen to me. It happens to me once a month. I get paid and in one day it is gone. All of my bills are due around the same time. Bill Collectors, why crowd the 15th when there is 29 more days that you can get your money. That's not the part that gets me. Bills have to get paid. That's just the way of life. But then you have Uncle Sam "Deeboing" about $150.00 out of my check because I work for an "nonprofit" organization. I miss the good old days. I remember when they us to take about $25 to $35 out of my check. Go get it cashed (that was before we got all grown and went to direct deposit). Go by the shop and get cut. Then stop at the Shell Station, at the corner....Put 10 on 2 and get a carton of Jungle Juice (and I did say a carton). Go shine up the Cutlass and ride. Now of days $10 can't even get you half a tank and Jungle Juice just don't taste the same in those clear jugs. I don't know what this world is coming to...I'll keep you posted

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This is THE ONE, the first of everything through your eyes. Love you like fat kids love cake. I thank myself for introducing you to blog world. Never underestimate your talent, professor, because I don't. Peace...