Tuesday, June 22, 2004

School of Hard Knocks

I'm Back....I've been a little tied up lately. Summer School is a trip. Trying to learn...I mean memorize everything that happened in Medieval Europe in a 2 hour period is nuts. And these professors expect you to know it like the back of my hand. I really get picked on because I'm in the history department. They expect me to pick up the conversation like I'm all knowing. If I was all knowing I wouldn't be taking this class. Well, while we are talking about school let me massage this analogy into your mind. Higher Education are the Biggest Pimps of America (I know I'm off subject, but just go with me). They let you go to school and you slave and slave for a degree that might not give you a future (it's all about who you know, not what you know). Then when you finally get that piece of paper, they send you this nice little letter that basically states that "b#@ch better have my money". And here comes those loan payments. Sometimes those loan payments make people want to go back to school. And the pimp don't mind that because the longer you're in school, the more money you going to need. So after that day that you get your master's, master's, master, and maybe even sneak in a PhD., he'll be waighting again to tell you, "b#@ch better have my money times 5". Higher Education, what a wonderful thing...Well let me get back to world of Fast Track Higher Ed., also known as Summer School...I'll keep you posted

No comments: