Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I Know You All Have Been Waiting For...The List...

Its about that time again...I don't want too much this year...But there are a few things I wouldn't mind seeing nicely wrapped and delivered my way on the 25th...You guys have 23 days (well, really 22)...so lets get this started...



#1 Oliver Peoples Maceo...Slightly larger, masculine version of the collaboration frame designed with Hollywood starlet Zooey Deschanel, this retro-inspired sunglass is hand-crafted in substantial beveled acetate and features vintage metal ridge detailing at the end piece...The visible core-wire within the temple is embossed with Oliver Peoples logo detailing and the Oliver Peoples plaque is laminated at the temple end...6-based lens curve includes the option of CR-39 Polarized or Photochromic lenses, providing superior UV protection....Okay, okay, okay...That was all fine and dandy...But let me tell you the story behind this item...I have been eyeglass-less for about 5 and 1/2 month...Not because I don't want a pair...Because I haven't found the perfect frame. That's the relationship I have with my eye wear...It has to be perfect. I love my contacts, but there is nothing like a nice frame to throw on. I actually prefer them over contacts...My personality. Anyway...I've looked every where! From optical places to antique shops nothing...But one day I was in Barney's (Chicago) and it found me. I've been in love every since...And as soon as I get them, I'm going to gut them...Take them to my local optical spot (of course one that is covered by my insurance-use it anytime I get a chance *free free-well not really*-as much as I'm paying)...Get a clear lens put in...And have a fresh new pair...One that nobody else has. I will either want the storm or black ones. $325 retail...$287.89 + free shipping eBay. (hey...I'm trying to help you out).



#2 BuckyBalls by Zoomdoggle...The perfect desk toy. These 216 rare-earth magnets are just like Silly Putty but made of metal...Make sculptures, puzzles, patterns, shapes, stick stuff to the fridge, invent a new game trying to find something more useful is useless. Can you really think of another way to spend company time? $29.95 + $5.95 shipping & handling-straight from the source (if you buy 2...SHIPPING FREE...I'm just saying).














#3 Esquire's The Meaning of Life: Wisdom, Humor, & Damn Good Advise From 64 Extraordinary Lives (Hardcover)-Ryan D'Agostino (Author) & David Granger (Introduction)...From Esquire’s popular “What I’ve Learned” column comes a stunning collection of candid interviews with 64 actors, directors, musicians, economists, politicians, and other leaders...Every one of the impressive figures profiled here offers insights that reveal the humanity behind the famous face. Their words—often unguarded, open, and vulnerable—appear exactly as they were spoken, and the dramatic portraits accompanying each interview showcase photography’s brightest talents: Brigitte Lacombe, Bruce Davidson, Peggy Sirota, and Nigel Parry, among others.

The lessons these larger-than-life personalities convey are funny, inspirational, very down-to-earth—and always captivating. The profiles include: Robert Altman, George Carlin, George Clooney, Tony Curtis, Ray Charles, Johnny Depp, Snoop Dogg, Faye Dunaway, Clint Eastwood , Eminem, Michael J. Fox, Joe Frazier, John Kenneth Galbraith, Mikhail Gorbachev, Woody Harrelson, Dustin Hoffman, Ted Kennedy, Elmore Leonard, Jerry Lewis, Arthur Miller, Keith Richards, Oliver Stone, Gore Vidal, Ted Williams...Just to name a few. Esquire (fav mag) + Sound Words of Wisdom= A Winner...$15.61 + shipping & handling at Amazon.





#4 X Bat Maple Bamboo Composite 73...Anybody that knows me pretty well, knows that baseball is my first love. I still pretend I can play a little bit. Every once and while I will get in a pick up game...Or go to the batting cage and try to relive some of my JA Fair/American Legion/AAU days (yes, I was pretty good)...And I'm a type of person that prefers to swing wooden bats...Aluminum are for guys that haven't mastered the art of hitting the ball. My favorite line is the Model 73...Its X Bat's most popular model...Its for guys like myself who want a big barrel, large sweet spot, great comfort and balance (I know-I sound like a commercial-but its so true). I know...Let me stop boring you. But it makes the perfect practice bat. And I prefer to swing a 32...$125-straight from the source.




#5 Dr. Metric Master Set...Well...The Rov is getting older...And I am too...I can't find where I placed my tire iron...Meaning...If I had a flat, I would s.o.l...And its about time for my tools to grow up a little bit too. I'e had my eye on this for a while...I would of never thought I would be asking for a 125PC Mechanic Set for Christmas...haha $157.56 (I know you all want me to have one that's going to last) here is the place.








BONUS (Pipe-dream) 18 Philip Stein Chronograph Sport Watch 5-B-CRW...Oversize stainless steel case on a black rubber strap (not interchangeable), White chronograph dial, Black rubber bezel, Sapphire crystal, 2 Quartz movements, Chronograph Stop-Watch, 24-Hour display, Date at the 4 mark, Water resistant to 150M...*sigh*...An oldie, but a goodie...A man can dream...A man can dream...WAS $1,695.00...NOW $999.99 is you get it here...
















Let me know if you guys need any help... (hey *shrug shoulders)

...I'll keep you posted

3 comments:

Shiree said...

That's a nice watch... Very nice...

Stephanie said...

You don't have a recession friendly version of this list. LOL j/k

G. Cornelius said...

@ Shiree...Thank you.

@ Stephanie...I got one, *if* you need it...lol